9 Day Costa Rica Family Friendly Tour: Nicaragua,Tenorio Volcano and Beach.
Destinations: Granada Nicaragua,Tenorio Volcano,Samara or Coyote Beach.
Airports: San Jose or Liberia
Description of the Tour: Description of the Tour: For families who love variety and want to learn about the culture, colonial architecture, and nature of Nicaragua and Costa Rica. The first few days you will visit the Granada Colonial Town, a local market, and Masaya Volcano in Nicaragua! There will be a boat ride that the family can take across Lake Nicaragua! After your family adventure in Nicaragua, kids and parents will get to explore Tenorio Volcano and its active thermals, lush rainforests, the vibrant Blue River, the amazing Rio Celeste Waterfall and either Samara or Coyote Beach in Costa Rica! Make sure to bring your cameras!
Day 1 Upon arrival at the Daniel Oduber Quirós International Airport (Liberia, Costa Rica), you'll be picked up at the airport, taken to your hotel, and briefed on the next day's activities. The rest of the day is yours to explore the area as you see fit.
• Overnight in Liberia.
Travel from Liberia to Granada, Nicaragua.
• Breakfast at your hotel. Prepare for your transfer to Granada, Nicaragua.
• Enjoy an exciting journey with your knowledgeable, bilingual guide to beautiful Granada, located in neighboring Nicaragua. The scenic drive through a lush and seductive landscape will take about 3 hours.
• Your afternoon in Granada,Nicaragua is free to enjoy one or more child friendly activities of your choice. Possible activities might include a visit to the William Walker House, a survey of local colonial churches, or a horse-and-carriage ride. (Note: Some optional activities may entail an additional, but always reasonable, fee that is not included in the travel package. If you are interested in an kid friendly activity, please consult your guide for further details.)
• Overnight in Granada,Nicaragua (first of 2 nights).
Explore Granada and its surroundings.
• Early breakfast at your hotel.
• After a delicious traditional Costa Rican breakfast, you’ll visit the Masaya Volcano, one of the most popular volcanoes of Nicaragua. The Masaya Volcano, located just 20 km south Nicaragua’s capital city of Managua, is known to the indigenous Chorotega as Popogatepe, which means "burning mountain." We will break for lunch after your visit to the volcano.
• Then, it’s off to Laguna de Apoyo, one of Nicaragua’s most spectacular natural wonders. Contained entirely within a volcanic crater, this lake has always held great spiritual significance for local tribes. And, when you experience this ancient world, its sacred beauty is sure to awaken your inner self.
• Next, you’ll visit an enchanting traditional market, where the sights, sounds, and flavors of Central American culture will delight you. Enjoy the tropical atmosphere, sample exquisite dark chocolates, or buy local crafts such as clothing, works of art, or shoes, sandals, and other leather goods.
• And now, it’s time for a cool and refreshing visit to the Islets Lake where you can enjoy an invigorating boat tour. You will be inspired by the diversity of natural vegetation and the many species of tropical birds. (The Islets Lake boat tour is an optional activity. Such activities may entail additional fees not included in the travel package. Consult your guide for details.)
• Overnight in Granada.
Morning in Granada, then travel to Tenorio Volcano.
• Early breakfast at your hotel. Prepare for your transfer to Tenorio (about 3 hours and 30 minutes).
• Overnight in Tenorio (first of 2 nights).
Explore Tenorio and its surroundings
• Breakfast at your hotel.
• After breakfast, you will join your tour guide on an exciting 2-hour hike through the Tenorio Volcano National Park. Here you will discover four volcanic peaks and two craters amidst an exuberant biodiversity that is sure to thrill your senses.
• Next, you’ll enjoy the majesty of the Rio Celeste and its surroundings. Among the many natural attractions are the waterfall, hot springs, rainforest, blue lagoon, and Los Teñideros, where streams converge to create the heavenly turquoise waters for which Rio Celeste is named. With a little good fortune, we may also spot several of the peccaries, ocelots, or cougars that reside in this habitat.
• Overnight in Tenorio.
Travel from Tenorio to Playa Samara or Playa Coyote
• Breakfast at your hotel. Prepare for your shuttle service to Samara or Coyote Beach.
• After breakfast, enjoy an exciting 2-hour journey with your guide to Samara beach or Coyote beach.
• Upon arrival at your hotel, get ready to take a closer look at the beautiful seaside and surrounding area.
• Your afternoon is free to enjoy the beach with your kids or choose from a variety of optional family activities. (Optional activities may entail additional fees not included in the family travel package. Consult your tour guide for details.)
• Overnight at the Beach (first of 2 nights).
Experience Playa Samara or Playa Coyote
• Breakfast at your hotel.
• After breakfast, enjoy nature Costa Rican-style with a leisurely stroll along the seashore that is sure to make you feel relaxed. Choose from among the many water-sports activities offered by local operators. (Optional activities may entail additional fees not included in the travel package. Consult your guide for details.)
• Possible activities for Day 7: surfing, surfing classes, kayaking, snorkeling, hiking, or visiting an inspiring waterfall (Coyote Beach).
• Overnight at the Beach.
Morning in Samara or Coyote, then travel to Liberia or San José
• Breakfast at your hotel.
• First, you'll spend your morning relaxing or involving yourself in one of a number of unique local activities. Then, you’ll enjoy a typical fresh meal along the beach, or stop for lunch on your way to Liberia or San José.
• After arriving at your hotel, you'll have time to relax, prepare for your flight, and reflect on your wonderful stay in Costa Rica.
• Overnight in Liberia or San José.
Transfer to the international airport; departure.
(for 2-4 people, sharing one hotel room throughout tour)
Ask about our Custom Tours, available for your convenience!
For more information on a variety of optional activities and hotels, send us your e-mail address and Costa Rica Adventures will help you create a Costa Rican holiday that is custom-made and unforgettable.
Costa Rica Adventures will be happy to provide (via e-mail) a list of the many exciting activities you might like to consider while vacationing in Costa Rica. And, of course, your personal travel guide will happily recommend additional activities along the way.
Every time you book a tour with Costa Rica Adventures, you support a small family business and help protect the environment. And, during your tour, your guide/driver will purchase saplings to plant with you.
Known widely for his “Chicken Tours,” Don Marvin has spent approximately 20 years working with Allied Tourism Enterprises, promoting their businesses. And his earliest ventures into tourism came with his work with representatives of the Methodist Church of the United States and with the Organization for Tropical Studies. Don Marvin is a certified tour guide (Costa Rican Tourism Institute, or ICT) and is an inspired lover of nature. Due to his natural empathy and joyful manner, Don Marvin has made customer service a way of life.
Jose Pablo, sometimes known as “Chicken Little,” has eight years of experience in the tourism industry, but his passion for discovery developed at a very young age, when he joined his father on a variety of Costa Rican tours. In addition to being a certified tour guide (Costa Rican Tourism Institute, or ICT), Jose is a licensed naturalist guide, certified by the National Institute of Biodiversity (INBio). He has worked for extended periods in the areas around Arenal and the Osa Peninsula as a local guide. Jose, like his father, is a lifelong nature lover and an enthusiastic bird-watcher.
Jose especially loves working with families and enjoys the company of children. His kind and generous nature will appeal to tourists of all ages, and he has a remarkable gift for sharing the spirit of discovery on every journey with Costa Rica Adventures. Jose has acquired an advanced mastery of the English language and has a basic command of French.
For any cancellationmade between 45 and 30 days prior to passengers arrival CR Family Adventures will only charge $60 administrative cost for the arragements made for the trip.
For cancellations made 29 to 15 days prior to passengers arrival a 50% reimbursement will be granted.
For cancellations made 14 to 0 days prior to passengers arrival, no reimbursement wil be granted.